Casino Housekeepers/Stewards maintain the cleanliness of the Casino structures’ interior and exterior areas. Overall beautification of the property is the key element of a housekeepers/stewards job. Communication via radio with other casino staff is necessary as well as performing regular maintenance on housekeeping equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to The Lodge Casino Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Wipe clean all slot machines and bases.
- Wipe clean all restroom and keep fixtures sanitized.
- Dust window sills, pictures and fixtures and keep walls clean.
- Sweep and mop tile floors and clean tables keeping them sanitized.
- Discard all boxes and empty trash bins.
- Wipe clean glass entry doors keeping the area free of dirt and hand smudges.
- Vacuum or sweep debris, trash and gum on carpets.
- Polish woodwork and dust waterfall rock wall.
- Spray silk flowers with cleaner and keep dust free.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- May be assigned special projects throughout the Casino as needed.
- Able to learn the basics of fundamental cleaning equipment. (Buffer, extractor. etc…)
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and tools helpful.
- High school diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- None. Will train the right candidate.
|Job Category||Temp-to Hire|
|Transpiration:||Casino Bus or Car Pool|
|On The Job Training:||Yes|
|Open Shifts||10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.|
|Growth Opportunity:||Rase After First 90 Day|